This position is responsible for generating strategic evaluations and recommendations to enhance the company’s governance, risk management, compliance, controls and audit model to accomplish the strategic objectives and transformational agenda.
- Work with the Head, Internal Audit, to determine internal audit scope and develop annual plans
- Responsible for developing compliance programs, reviewing company policies, and advising management on possible risks
- Provide assurance that our business processes and transactions follow all relevant legal and internal guidelines
- Obtain, analyze and evaluate accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts etc.
- Prepare reports that reflect audit’s results and document process
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings
- Maintain open communication with management
- Document process and prepare audit findings memorandum
- Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards
- Responsible for reviewing management account postings to ensure that they are accurate and free of misstatements.
- Responsible for the collation of audit observations and documentation of audit working papers to ensure appropriate documentation of audit procedures and working papers.
- Participate and provide input in the articulation and development of the Internal Audit departmental strategy
- Provide broad guidelines for the articulation of the department’s policies, procedures and guidelines and monitor and ensure compliance by all staff.
- Ensure the timely resolution of investigated items, audit/review points and other key exceptional issues/matters.
- Monitor actual activity and performance levels against the agreed budget and take appropriate corrective action to ensure a cost-justified execution of the departmental activities.
- Monitor and report on the implementation of audit recommendations and resolve control issues arising from internal and external audit exercises.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- B.Sc. Accounting, Finance, or another related field
- ACA, ACCA is a must. Certification with Institute of Internal Auditors and CISA will be added advantages.
- At least 5 - 9 years of practical experience in an accounting firm and/or hands on experience in executing internal and external audits
- Working knowledge of the Nigerian Capital market operations
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and process
- Working knowledge of Active Data or CaseWare Idea
- Sound practical experience in International Financial Reporting Standards