This position is responsible for assisting with generating value-added evaluations and recommendations to enhance our company’s governance, risk management, compliance, controls and audit model to accomplish the strategic objectives and the transformational agenda of the organisation.
The position provides great prospects for a bright and hard-working individual willing to grow in a high performing company and fulfill a meaningful career.
- Assist in carrying out reviews of the adequacy and effectiveness of internal control procedures
- Review and monitor compliance with policies and procedures of the organization
- Responsible for reviewing management account postings to ensure that they are accurate and free of misstatements.
- Responsible for the collation of audit observations and documentation of audit working papers to ensure appropriate documentation of audit procedures and working papers.
- Participate and provide input in the articulation and development of the Internal Audit departmental strategy.
- Ensure the timely resolution of investigated items, audit/review points and other key exceptional issues/matters.
- Monitor and report on the implementation of audit recommendations
- Any other responsibilities as may be assigned
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- B.Sc. Accounting, Finance
- ACA, ACCA, certifications with IIA and CISA will be added advantages
- At least 1-3 years of practical experience in a private accounting firm and/or hands on experience in executing internal and external audits
- Knowledge of the workings of the Nigeria capital market operations
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint), Microsoft Navision
- Understanding of Customer Relationship Management and Satisfaction
- Proficiency with data analysis and visualization
- Sound practical experience in International Financial Reporting Standards