The data analyst role stores and manages data on all areas of the business including internal and external such as customer data and other behaviors. S/he brings technical expertise to ensure the quality and accuracy of that data, then process, design and present it in ways to help management and the business at large make better decisions.
- Provide quality assurance of imported data, working with quality assurance analyst if necessary.
- Commissioning and decommissioning of data sets.
- Processing confidential data and information according to guidelines.
- Helping develop reports and analysis.
- Managing and designing the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata.
- Supporting the data warehouse in identifying and revising reporting requirements.
- Supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
- Assessing tests and implementing new or upgraded software and assisting with strategic decisions on new systems.
- Generating reports from single or multiple systems.
- Troubleshooting the reporting database environment and reports.
- Evaluating changes and updates to source production systems.
- Training end users on new reports and dashboards.
- Providing technical expertise on data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- BSc in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics is ideal but not necessary
- At least three years’ work experience handling large amounts of data and building executive level dashboards
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages (Power BI, Tableau, Qlikview), databases (SQL, etc), programming (XML, ETL frameworks)
- Expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques