The main function of the Trust Associate is to ensure that trust mandates and transactions are properly structured and executed (as well as supervising continuing obligations) to achieve desired objectives and outcomes.
- Primary responsibility of structuring bespoke solutions to meet clients/prospect transfer needs
- Day to day administration of clients Trust Plans and providing required service support
- Provide support to Business developers in the creation, implementation of trust products/services.
- Assist with business pitches and capabilities presentations
- Follow up on management of relationship with Trust clients – e.g. discussions with Asset managers, estate agents, insurance companies, receipt of certificates, dividend warrants etc.
- Ensuring regulatory compliance and corporate governance adherence
- Provision of Company Secretarial service
- Preparation and review of legal agreements and other documentation
- Conducting legal due diligence, as required whilst also providing legal structuring and general advice.
- Researching general legal issues relating to Trust services mandates
- Attending client meetings
- Liaising with external solicitors as required
- Ensuring that all statutory filings are carried out in a timely manner. (i.e., filing of annual returns, renewal of registration with SEC etc.)
- Ensuring that the Unit has up to date library of laws/regulations that affect our business.
- Responsible for coordinating activities of the Unit with regards to promoting Corporate Governance issues (i.e., ethical/best business practices) and Know Your Customer obligations (i.e., in the absence of the Risk Management Unit), etc. within the Company.
- Have primary responsibility for developing and implementing Commercial Trust mandates.
- Engage in researching Trust issues & preparation of relevant newsletters or articles
- Supervise junior staff within the unit
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- LLB, BL
- Master degree/ ACIS an added advantage.
- 5 years post call experience in well-structured Financial Service Trustee organization or corporate legal practice.
- Good knowledge of laws regulating operations of businesses in the country; particularly the Financial Service sector and Trust business.
- Knowledge and practice of trustee business
- Transaction structuring skills
- Investment advisory and management skills